ANIMAL ASSISTED THERAPY | A.A.T
FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE WITH S.E.N.D & SIBLINGS FROM 0 -25 YEARS
The general goals of Animal-assisted therapy:
- The restoration and maintenance of physical, cognitive and emotional functions,
- The support of capabilities and skills by carrying out activities and treatments,
- The support of inclusiveness in the particular life situation, and
The improvement of subjective well-being.
- Alpaca’s Therapy in a therapeutic setting offer similar benefits to those of animal companionship.
- Environments involving animals appear to be more friendly and comfortable to incoming clients and bring a sense of security and warmth to the therapy setting.
- Personal development, such as speech and communication skills, can be enhanced by partnership with a therapy animal.
Recreational Animal Therapy in SEND
Physical Health Benefits
Programmes and Sessions
- Sessions are open, informal events just about being with the Alpacas, Ponies, and Sheep, taking photographs, painting, reading or just enjoying in the garden.
- Programmes designed to run a weekly 1 hour sessions for six weeks in which we introduce alpacas with their individual characters and needs, we cover handling techniques and the kids to learn how to feed and care for them, train, halter and walk the animals.
- Cost £210 + VAT for the programme | 6 sessions or £49 + VAT per session.
- Homemade cakes and light refreshments provided.
- Booking Terms and Conditions apply www.rhscs.org.uk/policy